Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Behind the Scenes at NBC 6

Recently I did a segment on NBC 6 for the show South Florida Today and Telemundo's Buenos Dias. These stations share the same studio so it was great that they could be shot one right after the other. This was in advance of our Anniversary Party and our exhibition on Marguerite Ghy-Lemm and our vintage jewelry. I had been in the same studio previously for NBC 6, but this time Doug and I made more of a point to take behind the scenes pictures showing some of the set up and pre-preparation that goes into the segments as well as the final result which is in video format. Believe it or not, I'm eight months pregnant here. It looks like I picked the right dress to downplay that usually very obvious fact.


My first segment for South Florida Today was with Roxanne Vargas. She was wonderful. She has such great television presence - she's beautiful, charismatic and elegant. We asked her to wear a piece of our jewelry for the segment and she not only obliged, but even wore the piece to do another promo and to do general news. I have to say she looked wonderful.


The segment was pretty fast, not enough time to go into much detail, but it was fun to do. I'm fairly certain I was tongue-tied through the entire process. Being 8 months pregnant, I've eliminated all of my morning caffeine intake, and I think it showed. And I had to get up early that morning to get my makeup done before driving to the studio in Broward.


The second segment was for Telemundo's Buenos Dias. Telemundo is a Spanish-language station here in South Florida. Being Cuban-American with a professor for a mother, I consider my Spanish very good, but I was amazed at how much more eloquent I felt in the second segment. Maybe I was starting to wake up here. In reality, my mother will let me know whether or not I was actually eloquent, but I felt more comfortable articulating my thoughts. My husband reminded me in between takes that I hadn't eaten breakfast, so the granola bar I ate might have helped also. As soon as we figure out how to load the videos, they'll be up for viewing. And next I'll write about this fabulous jewelry I brought back from Paris.

1 comment:

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

You look great, Olga! I saw on your Facebook page that you were going to be on that day but it was already after noon. :-( Can't wait to see the video!
Coco

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...