Friday, October 10, 2008

Back to the French Markets



I've had so many things to write about that it's given me writer's block. Isn't that ironic? So I'm postponing the jewelry post for one of my "truly dancing through Paris" posts. These photos were taken on my trip last month (I can't believe it was just last month, it seems like it was ages ago) at the Sunday markets of Provence.

French cheese, anyone? I love cheese. I can eat a LOT of cheese. I almost look pregnant in that last picture. I'm almost 35 weeks now and counting down! My belly is a lot bigger than that in the photo. Next Tuesday I have an ultrasound and will get an idea of how big (or small) this baby is going to be. Cecilia was 8 lbs and Marcelo was 5 1/2 lbs so I'm hoping for something in between.
When in France I must have my daily "pain au chocolat". My favorite is in Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue, at this little "boulangerie". I was the total tourist and took pictures there too, luckily the "boulanger" obliged.

This boulangerie is very close to the central cathedral in Isle, so we usually go to the Sunday morning mass and then pick up our fresh breakfast to eat at a sidewalk cafe with a cafe au lait. Our purchases from this last trip are already crossing the Atlantic, so if everything goes well, it will arrive before the baby. I purchased the most exceptional collection of antique crowns I have honestly ever seen. Stunning jewels, original gilding, etc. I also purchased a collection of antique embroidered napkins that I look forward to offering in the shop. Enjoy my pictures...I took lots more to follow in future posts, including of some of the great dishes I ate!

1 comment:

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

I have such a love/hate relationship with your blog...I love looking at all the pictures and hearing about your trips but then I just et GREEN with envy because I want to be there, too! Ugh! The good news is that Olivia is obsessed with Madeline and she keeps telling her father that she wants to go to Paris. I know my odds are better at getting there if SHE asks! How pathetic is that! Oh, who cares, at least I'll get to Paris!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...