Saturday, December 19, 2009

Designing an Enticing Holiday Showroom Display

For a long time, I've had a thing for the glass domes that were used in the 19th century to protect important clocks, taxidermy specimens, or religious statues. They have certain quality to them that makes whatever is inside just a little more special. I bought a series of empty ones last year and it took me a while to figure how to do something creative with them. Here's what I came up with:

Vintage jewelry displayed on stacks of old leather bound books.


Old crowns on some crusty paperbacks in an oval dome. This group joined another "Souvenirs" dome:


This display needed some holiday cheer, so I added some Christmas balls and gilt finials:


These stacked books set the stage for some tiaras:


Here's the completed holiday card shot:

Happy Holidays to all my wonderful readers, you are very much appreciated!

7 comments:

Theresa Cheek said...

Just found your blog, how can I resist leather books and iconography! I love, love the concept of the stacked leather bound books with coronas or curiosities on top. I need to get some glass domes...definitely!

Red Door Home said...

So pretty. I have seen many glass domes but never ones with bases. Where did you find them?

BonjourRomance said...

Just stumbled upon your blog via the Visual Vamp blog and so glad I did. Such a fabulous way of displaying your stacks of antique leather books in the domes, so unique - and I love old books.
I share your love for French antiques.
I'll be following along and will be back soon!

Diane Dorrans Saeks said...

Love the books and jewels...a glam and glorious concept.

here's to your wonderful talent, DIANE

www.thestylesaloniste.com

red ticking said...

fabulous post and wonderful blog... happy new year.. x pam

Karena said...

Found your site through Meg! I love it, and can't wait to read more. The domes are wonderful!

Unknown said...

i am looking for domes like this for displaying items in my store (lingerie boutique). i love these!
xox alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...