Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Directions

I haven't written in a while largely because I have been reflecting on the direction of my writing. While I began with more of a design angle, I've had a hard time focusing on just interiors. This is because 1. I'm not really a designer and 2. the more I think about it, the more I realize that I don't really want to be a designer! So I've shortened my links to all the "great" design blogs as an acknowledgment that I'm not aspiring to join their ranks. Of course, I still want to have a great blog! As I consider which parts of my "profession" as an antiquaire, I find most rewarding or can consider meaningful in the sense of contributing to society, I feel that the "art" portion is more rewarding than the "design" portion, though some may argue that design is also art. And sometimes it is.
I am going to begin to explore some creative non-fiction, and will try it out here on my blog. It will be slower writing but hopefully better quality. It will require more thought, editing, etc. The goal is an exercise in finding "my voice on the page" so-to-speak. Wish me luck and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Country French Antiques said...

Well Olga..don't know how I've missed you, but found you thru my sitemeter.
I would say we have a lot in common!
I have enjoyed reading your blog and added you to my blogroll.
I look forward to your future posts.
Have a great day!

Amy Plum said...

Hello Olga!
Thank you for your comment from a few weeks ago. Was our mutual friend by any chance Juan Lluria? That's the only person I can think of who I know near you!

I put you at the top of my link list for a few weeks so that you could hopefully get more readers for your new blog. You're now with everyone else under "expat blogs", but I think with your Francophile leanings, you fit in perfectly!

Good luck with your blog's new direction, and I will check in from time to time!

All the best,
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...