Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Trip to Round Top, Texas

It has taken me a bit to recover from our trip to Texas. I had never taken such a long road trip--in a 26" truck nonetheless. The first photo is me, in my Texas attire with Faustina Pace and her mother Rose, who also accompanied us on the adventure. Rose is from New York and had also never been to Texas, the heat and rain were not in our favor and she says she is never going back! My general impressions of Texas are 1) it is true that everything is bigger in Texas 2) Texans are very proud to be Texan 3) Texans like to have fun! One night we went to "Prom Night" at "Junk Gypsies" and my only regret is that I forgot my camera. There were live bands and everyone was all dressed up--the women in fancy dress costumes, some men like Elvis. It was good, old, clean fun.
During the fair, I got to meet some of my favorite bloggers in person, including Joni, who included a picture with me on her blog here.

D., who by the way has also just launched his personal photography site took this neat picture of this typical Texas barn. The following are photos of the first incarnation of our booth at Marburger Farm. I say first incarnation because after the first day we changed it around to accomodate the sale of the mannequins in the forefront and just to make some improvements. As you can see it was a mix of some of our more traditional French antiques with some of the more edgy industrial stuff we are getting into. I'll post the second incarnation and photos of some other booths in a few days. And the awaited pictures of the new house!








4 comments:

cotedetexas said...

You made it home alive???? Goood!!! I was worried about you. So glad to have met you in person - you are so adorable and so sweet and such a gentle person!!

hopefully you will be back to RT again??!!!!

Joni

Trouvais said...

Bonjour Olga...thank you for the great photos...love those mannequins on wheels, caged! Trish

DolceDreams said...

I am lusting after many of the wares in your photos! Looks like quite the adventure, I hope it was a success for you...
Nathalie

DecRenew Interiors said...

Glad your trip to Texas was amazing. Looks like lots of wonderful treasures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...