Sunday, February 21, 2010

Days 3 & 4: Appreciation and Creativity

While I promised myself that during these 40 days I was not going to be swayed by the need to please my readers, I want to thank all of those who have been so supportive of my choice to have these reflective days. Your words have been kind and are appreciated.
When I entered this questioning stage a few months ago, mostly concerning my job situation, I began at the bequest of one of my closest friends to read a book called "A Whole New Mind" by Daniel Pink. In this book he talks about the evolution in our society from a "left-brained" world to a "right-brained" world. It is of course more complicated than that sentence, but for me it was quite an empowering book to read because I do believe that he is spot on in his description of this American (and global) evolution. In a sense, I have taken on his challenge as a personal one. How am I going to adapt to this changing world? What am I going to do differently? And most importantly how an I going to embrace my creative talents?

1 comment:

Gypsy Purple said...

...best of luck to you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...